Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Dinner: Marscapone Pasta with Spinach and Sundried Tomatoes

I always find it tough to get back into cooking mode after a vacation. We used up all our leftovers and perishables before we left and since Sunday is our usual grocery shopping day I just never quite got back in the pattern this week. Anyway - long story shot, this week's Sunday Dinner was a less time consuming meal because I still don't feel back in my routine.

I saw this pasta featured in Web Delicousness on The Pioneer Woman earlier this week and instantly bookmarked it. I left out the chicken from the original recipe, but other than that it's pretty much the same. We bought some neat artisan pasta made by an Italian company called Montebello who have been making pasta since 1388 - yes, I really meant 1388! It was a shape I had never used before called "torchiette" and it looked like rolled up tubes with a slightly curled edge.


This recipe is super fast and easy to make - I think it would make a great week night meal since it really shouldn't take more than about 15 minutes to make (mine took a little longer because I had to finish baking the bread before I could make the bread crumbs). Plus it made enough for plenty of leftovers - always a good thing!

Looking back over my cooking photos I sure seem to make a lot of pasta dishes - I like them because they're usually quick and versatile. Anyone have a favorite go-to pasta recipe they like to use? I'd love to hear it!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment