Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Harvest Box - Week 1

I am so very excited today. Not only because it is a four day week, and not only because we were technically done with work early to enjoy a beer bust, but because today is the first week of our second year with the Harvest Box from Denison Farms!

This week came with a pretty decent assortment: lettuce, carrots, red potatoes, zucchini, red onion, Walla Walla onion, basil, garlic, and strawberries! I love the local strawberries more than just about anything - the only good part about Jonathan being gone the next two weeks will be that I will get all of the strawberries and not have to share!

Since we've been out of town several of the last few weekends which is when we normally do our grocery shopping we're still a little low on supplies so I'm going the simple route tonight and making Zucchini-Black Bean Quesadillas based on a recipe my friend Sara makes. I had no actual peppers to add but I did have some canned chipotle chillies in adobe sauce in the fridge so I added one of those - the chipotle will be a slightly different twist on what I usually make so I hope it's still just as good!

Update: Zucchini-Black Bean Nachos instead because Jonathan was so eager to get back home and hang out with me that he forgot to stop and get the tortillas. Or at least I will just pretend that's what happened.  :)

More updates soon on our latest trip to Houston to visit Jonathan's sister and her boyfriend and how awesome it was to not be the only vegetarian in the group for a change!!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment