Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sick Kitty

I know I haven't been very good at keeping up with the Sunday Dinner theme lately. I had every intention of getting back to it this weekend until my cat Pixel got sick and I spent the last 24 hours worrying over him. This cat has had more issues in his five years of life than I care to think about, so anytime something is even a bit off I get pretty nervous. Luckily after his last big ordeal a year ago I finally purchased pet insurance so at least that's not a huge worry anymore.

Pixel is the kind of cat who would spend all day long eating if he could, so when he suddenly doesn't touch his breakfast or his dinner you know something is up. It's not so much the not eating that worries me (I suppose it may be possible that Pix could lose a pound or so) but when he stops drinking I get very worried. So all day long I have been trying to give him space so I don't stress him out while simultaneously trying to convince him to drink and eat.


I think I've had success! He finally drank out of the sink (his favorite) and ate a bit of food - he's not acting as aloof and is following me around again. He finally came and curled up in my lap too.

Can you tell that I love this cat more than just about anything? He's special. I'm glad he seems to be doing better - perhaps I'll have more food related things to post later in the week!




-C

(Photos by Jonathan, not while Pixel was sick - he sure loves bags and boxes)

No comments:

Post a Comment