Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blossoming Lotus - PDX

A long time ago I decided I would start writing about my opinions on various restaurants, but then since nothing was all that new and exciting in Corvallis to eat I never quite got around to it.

Well today I wanted to share with you one of my most favorite places for breakfast in all of Portland - Blossoming Lotus! Why I never tried this place out when I was living there is beyond me - especially because at that time they had a location in the Pearl District which wasn't too far from where I lived.

They are only open for brunch on Sundays so I've only managed to make it up there three times now. They are open for lunch and dinner the rest of the week, but I'm a big breakfast fan and I'm always disappointed in the selection of things I can eat at most restaurants, so the fact that this place is entirely vegan makes me feel really warm and fuzzy.





I have sampled several things on their brunch menu now - the pumpkin dipped french toast, the Lotus benedict with butternut hollandaise sauce, the brunch burrito with avocado ranch sauce. But the very, very best is their Seitan Rancheros - usually I am not a savory-for-breakfast fan, but this dish is amazing. It consists of maple seitan sausage and black bean chili (which is perfectly spicy) served over tortillas with avocado and red pepper sauce and a side of chips. I wish I could eat this every weekend - maybe someday if I am ever so lucky as to find myself living back in Portland!

The lunch and dinner menus sound equally good as well - plus they have a new bar and lounge and offer happy hour specials. Hopefully someday I'll make it up there for that and can share that with you as well!


Check out their menus here: www.blpdx.com
LUNCH Mon – Sat: 11 – 4PM
HAPPY HOUR Mon – Fri: 3 – 6PM
DINNER Sun – Thurs: 5 – 9PM, Fri & Sat: 5 – 10PM
SUNDAY BRUNCH 10 – 2:30PM

No comments:

Post a Comment