Saturday, April 23, 2011

SoCal Burritos

I love burritos. In fact - I love most forms of Mexican food. It's been several years since I've been to Southern California where I think some of the best Mexican food exists, so I was really excited for our trip this week!

Unfortunately, Mexican can be a tricky cuisine for a vegetarian... I have to worry about lard in the toritalls and beans and chicken stock in the rice and who knows what else I might not be thinking of! So I was really excited when I searched for restaurants in La Jolla on Happy Cow and found a vegetarian-friendly taco shop! Don Carlos Taco Shop was amazing. I had the Soyrizo burrito which had a nice spice to it and the owner assured me that the rice and beans were totally vegetarian (his wife is also a vegetarian). Unfortunately it is pretty tough to take an appetizing photo of a half eaten burrito - but that's not going to stop me from sharing with you - also check out their awesome discount cards!

The food was great, but I think the best part was how friendly the owner was. I would seriously seek this place out if I'm ever in San Diego again and I would definitely reccomend it to everyone I know who is in the area!

I'll have more to share on my trip to San Diego when I return, but I was excited about this particular place and wanted to share it right away!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment