Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday Dinner: Coconut Vinegar Cured Tofu Sea Scallops with Lemongrass-Basil Cream Sauce and Cilantro-Garlic Coconut Rice

What a recipe title, huh? I feel out of breath just trying to say it! A few weeks ago I bought a new cookbook (love you, Borders coupons!) called Veganize This! So far I've only made the Chicken Setian (which I turned into Orange-Sesame Chicken) and the Caesar dressing. I would love to have tried more of the recipes but honestly - they are pretty complex! Case and point - the title of this post! It wouldn't irritate me expect that in the introduction the author claims that these are recipes for the "lazy vegan" who wants "simple food" - this recipe was supposed to take a day and a half to make! What kind of lazy cook wants that!?

Anyway - I actually really enjoy complex recipes, especially on the weekend. I get to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and then enjoy the results of the project! This morning Jonathan picked out this recipe to try, so after we gathered the bajillion ingredients it took to make it I got started. I had to cut a few corners and shorten the marinating times since I only had seven hours and not thirty-six, but I think that's ok!



The verdict: Yum! I have no idea what scallops taste like, and I'm pretty sure these weren't an exact replica - but the flavors were quite good and it was kind of a fun way to serve tofu! Also - coconut rice really may be one of the best foods ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment