Saturday, March 12, 2011

Wine, Pears, and Cheese

Riedel Wine Glass
2008 & 2009 Pinot Noir
This weekend is the Wine, Pear & Cheese Jubilee at Willamette Valley Vineyards. It's still going on tomorrow, so if you happen to live in the area I really suggest you go! It's $10 to get in, but you get to keep a nice Riedel wine glass and try a ton of different wines and cheeses!

Truth be told, I'm not a huge Pinot Noir fan and that's mostly what you find here in the valley. Luckily for me they were also sampling a Cabernet (yum!) and they had a pretty good Riesling as well. As much as I enjoy the wine, I think my favorite part is the cheese - I love that Oregon is so vegetarian friendly and all of the cheeses (or at least all that I have been able to inquire about) are vegetarian! I'm seriously craving fondue now... maybe tomorrow night for dinner!
Taking a break from the wine


I have more food related things to share with you, but they'll have to wait - it's late (for me) and since I'm losing an hour tonight I think I ought to get to sleep! Look for more tomorrow!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment