Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Happenings

I've been working on some updates to the blog recently - I have made sections for posting recipes as well as restaurant reviews. So far I've tried to share a lot of the things I cook with you guys, but I don't necessarily post the recipes - I am going to try to get better about that! I also seem to have a lot of opinions about the various restaurants I eat at and I thought those might be fun to share. It will probably take me a little longer to get going on those since there is a total of about four places that I eat at here in Corvallis!

Also new - Spring quarter starts next week and I decided to try to find some classes to take through the local community college for fun. Unfortunately the class I was most excited for - Chocolates, Confections, and Frozen Desserts - was full and I am wait listed... keeping my fingers crossed I can get in, I think it sounds really fun! I also signed up for a Hip-Hop dance class but I won't go into details on that (no need to embarrass myself any more than I already do!). I'm hoping these classes serve multiple purposes - give me something fun to do and new to learn, but maybe also meet some more people in the area. Let me tell you - Corvallis is a bit of a tough town for getting to know anyone!

By the way - it's finally Spring now and that means we're getting close to CSA time! If you have one nearby I highly recommend them. We get ours through a farm just over the hill from us called Denison Farms, but there are several in the area. I love getting a surprise box of vegetables and fruit every week, except that I am a planner so not knowing what I will be able to cook until that afternoon (at least on the pick up day) is tough for me. I get over it though because it's so so worth it! Besides the great produce I think it's kind of cool to be a part of something in the community. If you haven't done one before really think about it - I bet you'll love it too!

1 comment:

  1. Your life is soooooooo amazing. And simple.

    I'm jealous :))

    Wish i could wake up to a basket of strawberries a day :)

    Hehe

    Anyhoo, Found u thru 20sb

    Stalking/following your blog :)))

    Follow me too?

    www.single-unsingle.blogspot.com

    *Bless*

    ReplyDelete