Monday, June 27, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

I've been in SE Asia for the past week and a half or so and I am more than ready to come home. It doesn't sound like very long, I know - but being away always makes me appreciate how great things are back in Oregon.

I spent last week in Singapore for work and since I was here for two weeks back in October I can't say I really did a whole lot more exploring. Work was pretty busy, and three of the nights I had dinners lined up with coworkers so it was kind of a continuation of work (although a much more enjoyable continuation). The rest of the nights I was able to meet up with my friend who lives here and get dinner or go swimming. The hotel I was in had two (yes, TWO!) water slides into their pool - it was kind of awesome. I ate quite a bit of good food while I was here - mostly Chinese vegetarian style food from the Hawker centers (like little groups of  food carts - almost reminds me of Portland except it's far too hot!). I'll share more food photos when I return home and have a chance to sort through them!

This past weekend I did something I had never done before (at least not in the international sense) - traveled alone. I took a trip to Bali for a few days - I was already all the way over here and figured I should take advantage of work paying to send me at least most of the way there! I'm having mixed emotions on the experience right now so I don't want to say too much otherwise it may come out really negative. I'll share more when I return home and can maybe view the trip in a more positive light!

For now I am back in Singapore for one night (barely - I leave for the airport at 3:45am!) and am excited to meet up with Matt one last time and maybe eat some Indian food - I haven't actually had much of that on this trip!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that my flights home tomorrow go smoothly because like I said, I am more than ready to come home already!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment