Monday, June 13, 2011

Super Fantastic Stir-Fry

I love the idea of stir-fry, but to be honest I'm never totally happy with how they turn out. Mainly because I've never found a store bought sauce that was all that good and my attempts at mixing soy sauce with various seasonings has never completely worked out. Then I came across a recipe from Post Punk Kitchen for a stir-fry topped with avocado, basil, and peanuts. Since I'm in the midst of  a love affair with avocados right now I couldn't resist trying this - plus it helped me use up a few of the items from the Harvest Box.

I loved this recipe. The ingredients were simple but delicious - the only change I made was to marinate the tofu in a sauce of soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and chilies for about an hour before pressing it. I hate tofu that is plain and flavorless in the center so I must marinate. I also forgot to make some sort of grain to serve this on top of, but I think it was good enough to stand on its own.The avocado was the perfect touch to finish it out. I can't wait to make this again for Jonathan once we're both back in the same country!

There are a ton of other recipes at Post Punk Kitchen that I really want to try - I'd suggest browsing it if you're looking for something new. I've had a few of Isa's books for quite awhile now, but this was the first time I came upon the website and I'm really excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment