Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pre-Valentine's Day Dinner

I know that Valentine's Day isn't actually until tomorrow, but there is no way I would be able to pull of a fancy dinner after rushing home from work so I decided to do it tonight instead. I like doing big dinners on the weekend - gives me an excuse to spend all day cooking and then I feel productive!

Tonight's dinner is full of firsts - I don't usually like trying a new recipe for the first time when it's a special occasion, but I also didn't want to make the same old stuff we've eaten a hundred times before. Keep your fingers crossed for me that everything turns out well!

On the menu: Tomato Bruschetta,  Lemon Butter Asparagus with Pinenuts, Four Cheese Linguine, and Chocolate Hazelnut Tortes with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Raspberry Sauce.

I wish I could share pictures now, but I haven't had a chance to upload what I have taken so far and not everything is finished yet! I also made some truffles for my coworkers - I'll share those after dinner (or more likely, tomorrow) as well!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment