Monday, December 13, 2010

Cookies & Cocktails

This weekend marked another successful party! I love Christmas parties, and I especially love Christmas parties where everyone participates in the theme! We had around 25 people come (that's a lot for little Corvallis!), and just about everyone dressed up and brought cookies or some sort of treat to share!

I even managed to not stress out too much about the party. Usually I want to do so much - make lots of different cocktails, bake a ton of different cookies, and make lots of food. Then I usually end up spending way too much time and money on all of it. This time I limited myself - one easy cocktail (Cider with Spiced Rum) and one relatively easy cookie (those Rosemary Pecan Shortbread ones).

Ok, ok - I also made Chex Mix, toffee, and stuffed mushrooms and attempted to make fudge again (which did not go well, I'm lucky I was able to save the pan). But still, I think I held back my urge to over-do at least a little!

I really didn't get as many photos of the party as I would have liked. I'm not very good at remembering to take pictures anymore - sometimes I look back and realize the only things I have pictures of for the past several months are food and our garden. I do have a few that I will share though!

Here are just some of the delicious things that people brought! We ran out of room on the table so there were a lot more scattered around the kitchen. I like having the little place cards for people to write what they brought - I kind of have a phobia of eating unknown things and I like to think that maybe other people do as well.

And best of all - Pixel wore his bow tie so nicely! I know it may look like he is a little unhappy in this photo, but that's just because he doesn't like to be held. It had nothing to do with the bow tie, I swear. I'm going to have to refrain from making him wear it all the time because I think it is just the cutest thing ever. I am reserving it for special occasions though - really.

No comments:

Post a Comment