Thursday, September 29, 2011

End of Summer Food Photos

I'm excited that we've officially move on to Autumn now - I can't wait for cider doughnuts, stuffed squash, corn mazes, carving pumpkins, HALLOWEEN! But before we get to all of that I still have some photos from the summer that I was meaning to share!

Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta (recipe
 Corn Salad w/ Avocado plus my standby - Kale salad
 Peach Cake - one of my favorite childhood desserts (recipe to come someday perhaps)
 Tomato, Corn, and Cheddar Biscuits
 Roma Tomato Bruschetta
 Pixel got a fancy new feeder (which didn't work right away - hence all of his food is in this giant bowl), I think he was in heaven for those few minutes.
 Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
 Butternut Squash Chili (recipe adapted) - I skipped the jalapenos, used more chipotle peppers, subbed black beans for red kidney beans, and used 3 ears of corn (recipe mentions corn but doesn't list it as an ingredient). I also threw in a little molasses at the end.  :)
 Technically this is an Autumn photo because it was from breakfast this morning - Tri-Colored Quinoa Breakfast Porridge (recipe adapted). We used apples, dried apricots, pistachios, and pecans.
 Breakfast in Portland - Vegan Fried Chicken (tofu) and Waffles.
 Labor Day BBQ at our friends Patrick & Carrie's house - grilled corn and lots of salads!
Ok - not a food picture, but Pix looked pretty cute. 
 
 One of our weekend projects involved organizing all of our bulk foods that had been thrown into the pantry in the bags we bought them in. We put these mason jars to good use and printed out some cute labels to keep them organized!
 Here's the pantry now that we've organized a bit - it's still not perfect, but I think it's about the best we can do with the space we have!

Hope everyone is enjoying the first week of Autumn! I have lots of squash recipes waiting for me this weekend!

-C

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I can't decide what looks best! Where did you get the labels? I too just re-organized my pantry with Ball Jars and love it! Did you know you can buy plastic screw-on tops if you don't like dealing with the lids coming apart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plastic lids sound great! I used the "Fall Perfection" labels from this website: http://sweetpreservation.com/labels-crafts

    I also saw an example where someone used chalkboard paint on the lids so you could easily change the labels - I thought that was a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete