Monday, August 15, 2011

Kale Salad

Dear Kale Salad - I love you. Never in my life have I considered a salad an acceptable meal, until I discovered you that is.

I was feeling kind of terrible today - probably because all I did yesterday was snack on things and never really ate an actual meal. It may have also had something to do with all of the Jelly Belly's I ate at work today, I'm not really sure.

Anyway - I came home and threw some veggies we had in the fridge together with some kale, Swiss chard, and this amazing lemon-tahini dressing (scroll down for the recipe) and now I feel great! The photo isn't actually from today because I was too out of it to make it look nice - I actually just ate it out of one of my mixing bowls.  :)

Things I would recommend adding to your kale salad: radishes, tomatoes, carrots, onions (I prefer red onion but I only had yellow onion on hand today), avocado, almonds, and sunflower seeds.

I could eat this salad all the time - too bad Jonathan isn't actually a huge fan of the dressing. I guess I'll have to try to find another kind, but I kind of think the dressing makes it.

Also, completely unrelated - a photo of Pixel looking totally adorable with his tongue out. I love it.
-C

1 comment:

  1. You have me looking at greens I never paid attention to before in the grocery store! Loved the kale salad we ate at your house.
    Will try the dressing soon. Thx!!
    Pixel looks so cute with his tongue out.....like a little kitten:)

    ReplyDelete