Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Breaking News!

We didn't win the Mega Millions $355 million jackpot. Not really a surprise - but what did surprise me when I searched for the winning numbers was how many people care about Mega Millions. The real-time results in Google were flying by like crazy! I've never actually bought any sort of loto ticket before (personally at least, Jonathan does on occasion) - I had no idea it was such a big deal.

In other breaking news, my meal planning is already not going well. Safeway never has what I am looking for, and today they didn't even have what I needed for my back-up dinner plan! I ended up making Saturday's Mac & Cheese tonight thereby completely confusing the weeks plan (but it was delicious, so I'm not going to complain anymore... mmm cheese with bread).

Speaking of bread, I made a loaf of 50/50 white/wheat bread yesterday and it turned out amazing! It rose much more than my first loaf - not sure if that's because I used a new jar of yeast or because I tweaked the method slightly, but either way I am quite happy with this whole bread making situation!

Also, that vegan fried fish I tried to make the other day? Not very fishy. However the beer batter was kind of nice, perhaps I can find something else to use that on. I don't really like deep frying though, not because of any health reasons exactly but more because I don't like wasting all that oil and I don't know what to do with it afterward. Also, I usually end up hurting myself.

Vegan Fish & Chips
Enough rambling - the real reason I started writing this was to share something I found online that I thought was really neat. It's a calendar designed by The Cottage Industrialist that tells you what produce is in season on a given month, and it is adorable. Here's a link to this year's design. I stumbled on last year's calendar first, and I actually think it's a little cuter - but not so much that I'm willing to go through and manually edit all of the dates to match this year. If you have the patience here is a link to 2010 as well!

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at this blog, but so far the things she has posted are great. I only wish I could be that artistic! Hope you enjoy the calendars - I know I am printing out two copies tomorrow!

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment